Apply online at Conquesos.com/now-hiring
Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurant, catering functions and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans menus for all food outlets in the Restaurant.
• Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
• Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
• Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
• Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
• Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
• Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
• Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
• Consults with the General Manager about food production aspects of special events being planned.
• Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.